LENDY COWES WEEK
29th July to 5th August
About Lendy Cowes Week
Since 1826 Cowes Week has played a key part in the British sporting summer calendar and is one of the UK's longest running and most successful sporting events. It now stages up to 40 daily races for around 1,000 boats and is the largest sailing regatta of its kind in the world. The event offers a great mix of competitive sailing and social activities. The 8,500 competitors range from Olympic and world class professionals to weekend sailors Since 1826 Cowes Week has played a key part in the British sporting summer calendar and is one of the UK's longest running and most successful sporting events. It now stages up to 40 daily races for around 1,000 boats and is the largest sailing regatta of its kind in the world. The event offers a great mix of competitive sailing and social activities. The 8,500 competitors range from Olympic and world class professionals to weekend sailors. Musto is proud to be once more the Official Clothing Supplier.
What's on at the event?
In excess of 100,000 spectators come to watch the sailing, enjoy the parties and live entertainment, and to experience the unique atmosphere. It is genuinely a one-of-a-kind event.
About the Competition
One of the longest running events in the UK, Cowes Week has earned international acclaim as the world’s best-known sailing regatta. Musto are proud to be sponsoring the ‘Under 25 Trophy’ hosted by Cowes Week, once again. To show just how dedicated Musto are towards youth sailors everywhere, the brand are launching a Pimp My Ride Competition.
1. Full team kit up to value of £2000.
2. A training and tuning session to prepare for Cowes Week with a Musto Ambassador.
3. A GoPro so your team can capture exciting footage for daily features on Musto.com and its social channels for the duration of Cowes Week.
4. Musto sponsor branding for your boat.
How to enter
Send us an email with the following details before Monday 10th July.
- Your age – All Crew under 25
- Confirm you’ve entered Cowes Week 2017
- An action shot of your team
- A profile on each crew member
- Detail on your boat sailing including past race competition results.
- Reasons why your team should win
- Confirm that you’re able to supply daily updates to Musto throughout Cowes Week 2017
*By entering the competition you agree to our Terms and Conditions
Closing Date Monday 10 July
Kit to be delivered to your boat in Cowes on Friday 28 July.
The training and tuning session will take place on Friday 28 July.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern Musto’s PIMP MY RIDE competition (the “Competition”). All other information provided prior to entering the Competition, including, without limitation, the route to entry for the Competition and the rules of the Competition published on the Musto (“Musto” means Musto Limited, Unit 4, Juniper West, Fenton Way, Laindon, Essex, SS15 6SJ) website or any other media channel, forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
1) The competition shall open 19/05/2017 (the “opening date”) and close 10/07/2017 (the “closing date”). Closing time for the competition is midday (British Summer Time) on 10.07.2017.
2) Entry is available to any team who has registered to compete in Cowes Week 2017 and qualifies for the Under-25 trophy will all crew under 25 years old at the time of Competition. Musto Staff member or those affiliated with Musto in any way are not eligible to enter.
3) The Winning team will win:
Musto technical sailing apparel up to the value of £2,000 for full team, or £400pp depending on crew size.
Pre-regatta tuning session and during regatta briefing with a Musto Ambassador - GoPro® camera to capture content on the boat.
Musto sponsor branding for your boat
4) The prize does not include:
Cowes Week entry fee or any other costs associated with competing at Cowes Week.
5) To enter participants must submit 250 words or 30 second video explaining why your team should win the Competition.
6) Winners will be selected by Musto marketing team. The winning team will be the one that presents the most engaging reason why they should win the Competition.
7) To avoid doubt, the Prize and any associated benefits are non-transferable.
8) Musto decision on any aspect of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into by Musto with any entrant.
VARIATION, TERMINATION AND LIABILITY
9) Musto reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the Competition and the Prize, or any aspect thereof, for any reason(s) whatsoever and without notice. In such circumstances, the entrant hereby waives any rights or expectations that the entrant may have against Musto or any of its affiliates and acknowledges that he/she will not have any recourse or claim of any nature against Musto or any of its affiliates.
10) Musto accepts no responsibility for any entry not received by the Closing Date for whatever reason.
11) Any entries received by Musto after the Closing Date will not be considered in any circumstances.
12) As far as permitted by law, Musto and its affiliates shall not be liable for any loss, damage, disappointment or expense suffered or incurred by any entrant in relation to the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning the Prize.
13) Musto and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees incurred by the winner of the Competition in collecting, using or enjoying the Prize.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
15) Each entrant agrees to the use of his/her image and Team Members globally in any Musto publicity material including, but not exclusive to, PR, in-store, online, commercial and social media. The winner agrees to their name being publicised by Musto as required.
16) By submitting an entry, an entrant will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
17) By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be added to Musto database and to Musto sending them e-newsletter communications.
18) This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
19) These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
20) The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).