Zara Phillips’ Top Dressage Tips
Musto ambassador Zara Phillips shared her top dressage tips with us in our AW10 equestrian catalogue:
- Make sure you know your test.
- Make sure your horse is warmed up within enough time in case something needs changing.
- Make sure you take your boots, tail bandage off and the appropriate tack on.
- Try and give yourself enough time to trot around the arena so the horse can get used to it.
- Make sure you don’t start before the horn and if the horn has sounded, be in the arena before the 45 seconds is up.
- Always acknowledge the judges with a smile or hello.
- It may help to watch other people first, if you can, to help learn the test and see what the judges are looking for.
- Try to stay relaxed and present your horse to the best of your ability – it might sound obvious but it is important to stay focused.
- Enjoy it!