2021: A BIG MUSTO YEAR
2021. Another weird yet wonderful year. It is time to reflect on some extraordinary adventures that have been had along the way. Because it’s you guys that fuel our fires here at Musto. Your energy. Your ambition. And your commitment to living life - outdoors - to the full, is what keeps us striving to be the best technical performance brand in the world. It’s been a big year, we’ve learnt a lot. And that’s all thanks to you.
Here’s a few of the highlights…
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
We’re proud to have been recognised across some fantastic award schemes this year.
- Great British Brand - Highly Commended for the Musto and Land Rover Collection
- British Yachting Awards - Winner Clothing Innovation of the Year with Flexlite Vapour
- T3 Awards- Shortlisted Best Winter Coat, Musto and Land Rover Welded Thermo Jacket
- Great British Shooting Awards - Shortlisted for Shooting Apparel of the Year
- Paris Boat Show Awards - Shortlisted for Innovation of the Year with OSM.
DRESSED FOR SUCCESS
To be the best, you wear the best. And that is certainly what our ambassadors and partners have been doing. In 2021 they clocked up an impressive list of results as the world opened up again. We couldn’t be prouder.
- 5th place IMOCA 60 Class - Sam Davies and Nicolas Lunven, Initiatives Coeur
- 3rd IMOCA 60 class - Simon Fisher and Justine Mettraux, 11th Hour Racing Team
- 2nd IMOCA 60 class - Jérémie Beyou and Christopher Pratt, Charal
- 2nd 2 handed, 2nd IRC 3 class - Henry Bomby and Shirley Robertson
OCEAN RACE EUROPE
- 2nd Place, 11th Hour Racing Team
- Banque Populaire - Armel Le Cleac'h launch boat and win 1st race
TRANSAT JACQUES VABRE
- 3rd place Ultime - Banque Populaire, Armel Le Cleac'h
- 2nd place Ocean Fifty - Erwan le Roux
- 3rd place Ocean Fifty - Leyton, Sam Goodchild
- 3rd place IMOCA - Charal, Jeremie Beyou
- 5th place IMOCA - Initiatives Coeur, Sam Davies
PRO SAILING TOUR
- Sam Goodchild wins Pro Sailing Tour - 1st at every stage
DINGHY AND BOARD SUCCESS
- Olympic Gold Women’s 470 - British Sailing Team, Hannah Mills and Eilidh McIntyre
- Olympic Gold Men’s 49er - British Sailing Team, Dylan Fletcher and Stu Bithell
- Olympic Gold Men’s Finn - British Sailing Team, Giles Scott
- Olympic Silver Mixed Nacra 17 - British Sailing Team, John Gimson and Anna Burnet
- Olympic Bronze Women’s RS:X Windsurfer –British Sailing Team, Emma Wilson
- World Champions Nacra 17 - British Sailing Team, John Gimson and Anna Burnett
- Worlds Silver iQ Foil - British Sailing Team, Islay Watson
- Worlds Bronze iQ Foil - British Sailing Team, Saskia Sills
- Worlds Silver iQ Foil - British Sailing Team, Matt Barton
- 470 Worlds Bronze - British Sailing Team Amy Seabright and James Taylor
- Formula Kite Worlds Silver - British Sailing Team, Ellie Aldridge
Not only did we have big results, we were spoiled with big moments too this year! From boat launches to new pathway programmes, 2021 delivered some very exciting times.
NEW MUSTO FAMILY MEMBERS
In 2021 we welcomed some of the biggest names in sailing to the Musto family.
And it has been a huge year for kit too. We’ve launched some fantastic new collections, including One Single Material with 11th Hour Racing Team, to our award winning Flexlite Vapour wetsuits.
But most importantly, you were there along the way. Our relationship with you guys, our brilliant Mustomers is our biggest success. So thank you again and Happy New Year! Here’s to an even bigger 2022.
See you there.