ARMEL LE CLEAC'H
About Armel Le Cléac'h
I started sailing with my family and followed the "typical" pathway in Regatta School through to where I am now. What I love about this sport are the constant encounters with nature and the adventure of it all. Not to mention the technical challenges and the continued teamwork. Read our interview with Armel during the Vendée Globe 2017.
- Vendée Globe : Winner in 2016/2017 (Banque Populaire VIII), 2nd in 2012-2013 (Banque Populaire VI) and 2008-2009 (Brit Air)
- Route du Rhum : 2nd in 2010 and 4th in 2006 (Brit Air)
- Transat Jacques-Vabre : 2nd in 2015 (Banque Populaire VIII), 3rd in 2011 (Banque Populaire VI), 7e in 2007 (Brit Air)
- Solitaire du Figaro : Winner in 2010 (Brit Air) and 2003 (Créaline), 2nd in 2000 (Crédit Agricole)
- Winner of the Transat AG2R in 2010 (Brit Air) and 2004 (Groupe SCE-Le Télégramme)
Why choose Musto?
Musto apparel is the benchmark in the sailing world and I got my first Musto sailing jacket in 2000, on the Solitaire du Figaro. I consider the brand my partner wherever I race, whether that’s transatlantic to a round-the-world adventure, and is the only technical clothes supplier I trust from head-to-toe. Musto is also fully attentive to my feedback and listen to the way I use their garments aboard IMOCA or the Maxi Trimaran in order to improve them. And I don’t just rely on them on the boat. Musto is my sportswear brand for everyday life - I even wear the brand’s polos when I'm playing golf!
Getting the Maxi Solo Banque Populaire IX ready: this is a beautiful boat we have been working on with Team Banque Populaire for months. I've already been around the world 3 times. These experiences motivate me to do another one onboard this new Maxi Trimaran.