About Justine Mettraux
As a female sailor, in an age of continuing innovation across the spectrum of the sport, the future of the sport has never looked more exciting. We caught up with Justine to find out her plans for the future, what she’s achieved to date and what’s in her kit bag.
- 10th Transat AG2R 2018
- Two legs onboard Dongfeng Race Team, winner of the 2017-18 Volvo Ocean Race
- 4th Class 40 Transat Jacques Vabre 2017
- 7th Solitaire URGO le Figaro 2017
- 2014-2015: VOR with Team SCA (1st of 8th leg)
- 2nd Mini Transat 2013 (production boat), 1st France Championship Mini 6.50
- 1st Pornichet Select 2013
- 1st Mini Fastnet, Demi-Clé and Trinité-Plymouth 2012
- 1st bol d’Or Mirabaud 2010
Why choose Musto?
I chose Musto because they provide the best sailing kit. Comfortable and performance-focussed, I know that wearing Musto will mean that I’ll stay dry in the toughest conditions. It’s also important to know that I’ll be able to move with ease on the boat, because as great as it is being well protected from the sun and not too warm in sunny conditions, it’s also important that I have freedom to manoeuvre.
My main goal is to sail the Solitaire URGO Le Figaro 2018, then continue on to the Figaro 3.
Tips for beginners
I would say make good choices when you start out: choose a boat that fits your needs, get a coach who puts you through your paces and train with a good structure, in a place that suits you. Your training partners are important, so choose them wisely and always give 100% to the project!