About Sam Davies
I’ve been sailing since 1992, since I was 16 years old. I’m truly passionate about Ocean Racing (it's what I do the most, after all) but also a bit of match-racing. Learn more about Sam Davies in our Five minutes with Sam Davies interview.
- Part of weather routing team for Thomas Coville SODEBO solo record around the world 2016/2017
- Volvo Ocean Race 2014/5 – skipper of TEAM SCA
- Vendee Globe 2012/13 – SAVEOL (dismasting)
- Vendee Globe 2008/9 – ROXY 4th place
- 22 trans-Atlantic crossings (mostly racing!)
- 4 Solitaire du Figaro’s (2003-2006)
- 1 Mini Transat 2001 (11th place)
- 1998 Trophee Jules Verne record attempt – ROYAL AND SUNALLIANCE
Why choose Musto?
Musto keeps me dry and comfortable, and enables me to perform offshore.
Tips for beginners
Make sure you are having fun! Prepare everything for all eventualities before you go offshore, so that you can concentrate on your sailing once you are out there. Surround yourself with people you trust on your first few long trips.